Gluten-, dairy-, lactose-free – Vegan – Low in sugar – Supports the liver
This watermelon breakfast supports the liver. Keeping your liver in good health is extremely important for your overall digestion and well-being. That is why I add a teaspoon of milk thistle powder to my breakfast bowl from time to time.
Ingredients* (for 1 bowl)
- 2 hands full of fresh watermelon (or other seasonal fruits) and strawberries, chopped
- 3 tbsp full-fat coconut milk (preferably the creamy upper-layer of canned coconut milk)
- 1 tsp milk thistle powder
- 1 tsp pink pitaya, strawberry or raspberry powder (optional, for the colour)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high-speed for a few seconds until smooth. Add extra coconut milk or a splash of water if needed.
Pour the smoothie into a breakfast bowl and top with coconut flakes, hazelnuts and fresh fruits such as blueberries, cherries and extra watermelon.
Enjoy this meal with gratitude!
* Please note that I generally do not measure as per the U.S. standards (in cups and spoons). A tablespoon (“tbsp”) should be understood as a regular spoon, whilst a teaspoon (“tsp”) should be understood as a smaller one in this recipe. Just to avoid any doubt 😉